Gingerbread (again)

See that up there? It’s the most unassuming delicious thing going right now. It’s the first thing I think about when I get to the bakery in the morning and although I’m trying to cut back on the sugar I’ve been nibbling on stray pieces like nobody’s business. It’s called Anna’s Hard Gingerbread and the recipe comes from Allison’s partner Kelly’s mother Anna who lives up downeast on Little Cranberry Island. Strangely enough it has no ginger in it, just a variety of warm spices and ingredients that give it a perfect flavor and texture.

I think we can say we’re all in love with gingerbreads right now at the bakery, there are at least 4 different versions going on at any given time. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the season.

6 Comments

1. alexandra
    Posted December 11, 2011 at 10:25 am | Permalink

any way to get the recipe for this delicious gingerbread? having trouble getting into the holiday season down here in NYC! after reading your post. . this might help. . . .

2. BJ
    Posted December 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Please don’t tease me with that yummy photo and delicious description without sharing the recipe!!

Wishing all of you a wonderful Merry Christmas season!

3. Jodi
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

Any chance you’d share that amazing recipe? Pretty please with sugar on top! Wishing I lived closer…

4. Posted December 13, 2011 at 8:50 am | Permalink

I think we’re going to keep that recipe under wraps for now – got to have something special for the next Baker’s Notes :)

5. Posted December 13, 2011 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Sorry BJ – Merry Christmas to you too. Thinking we’ll keep it under our hats for the time being.

6. Posted December 13, 2011 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Sorry we’re keeping this one to ourselves for now – come visit Maine and we’ll have a piece for you!